Moving Somewhere in the Greensboro, NC Area? Ask About Pest Damage & Control
February 11th, 2015
Thinking about moving in the Triad area? Pests could play in large role in the condition of your potential new home. The current homeowners may not even be aware of an infestation, and you definitely don’t want to inherit a pest problem along with a new property. Still, it’s a smart idea to ask the homeowner or real estate agent about any past pest damage.
Your Pest Control Checklist for Your New Home
Here are a few ideas of what kind of questions you should ask before you buy a house in Greensboro, Winston-Salem or surrounding areas:
- What pests do you normally deal with around your house?
- Is there a pest we should expect? During what season?
- Are any of the pests you see poisonous?
- When was the last time an exterminator examined the home? What did they find?
- Has your home ever experienced damage from termites? If so, was it repaired?
- Do your neighbors have trouble with pest control?
Based in Greensboro, NC, PMi has a team of experienced pest professionals that would be happy to examine the home; we are also licensed to perform inspections for Wood-Destroying Insect Reports (WDIRs), which are used when reporting the presence or absence of wood-destroying insects in a home for sale in North Carolina. Give us a call at (336) 272-4400 to arrange an inspection.