Closed Crawl Space
CrawlSpace Care® is a system that was developed for closing and protecting a home’s crawl space. Using innovative technology, the CrawlSpace Care® system reduces moisture underneath the home which can lead to lower energy bills and improved indoor air quality. As a builder it is an attractive feature of the home you are building and it can also reduce the number of callbacks you have.
Benefits of a Closed Crawl Space
- The improvements result in overall energy saving from reduced annual energy use for heating and cooling your home
- Enhances quality of the crawl space environment
- Lowers humidity levels and reduces moisture variations during the annual seasonal cycle
- Reduces the susceptibility to wood rot, mold issues, and insect damage by reducing moisture
- Ductwork in the crawl space is less likely to rust or need replacement
Commercial CrawlSpace Care NEW!
For years, homes in this area have been built with foundation vents. The original purpose of these vents was to circulate and replace the air in the crawl space with fresh air from the outside. For many years, this system appeared to work very well.
Scientific Studies* have shown that conventionally vented crawl spaces may not only cost us more energy dollars, but may also cause serious threats to indoor air quality.
Even without warm, moist air entering through the foundation vents, or by condensation, moisture will still impact the home through the natural moisture vapors which rise from the ground below the home. What can be done to remedy the multiple sources of moisture in our crawl spaces?
CrawlSpace Care is the answer!
Give us a call today to discuss how installing a closed crawl space will benefit not only you the builder, but the new homeowner too. You can also visit our Contact Us page and request to be contacted.
Additional Links regarding closed crawl spaces
*Advanced Energy: www.crawlspaces.org